News » June - Month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
"Behold this Heart which has loved men so much, and yet men do not want to love Me in return."
Jesus to Saint Margaret Mary
The month of June is in the Catholic Church particularily dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus – the symbol of God's infinite, self-sacrificing love for men.
Throughout the month, the Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is sung in every church in Poland (at Jasna Góra after Holy Mass at 6.30 pm) and the Friday following the Second Sunday after Pentecost (24.06.2022) is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. On that day it is possible to gain a plenary indulgence by making an Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
By practising numerous forms devotion to the Sacred Heart we try to answer Jesus' thirst for our love and to make reparation for the wounds caused by our indifference to His love.
In the apparitions to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, Jesus gives these twelve promises for those who are devoted to His Sacred Heart.
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
The devotions attached to these promises are:
1. Receiving Communion frequently
2. First Fridays: going to Confession and receiving the Eucharist on the first Friday of each month for nine consecutive months. Many parishes will offer public First Friday devotions; if they do, you must perform First Fridays publicly. If it isn’t so offered in your parish, you can do this privately, going to Confession, receiving the Eucharist, and offering your prayers for the intention of the Holy Father.
3. Holy Hour: Eucharistic Adoration for one hour on Thursdays. (“Could you not watch one hour with me?”) Holy Hour can be made alone or as part of a group with formal prayers.
4. Celebrating of the Feast of the Sacred Heart.
An Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Most sweet Jesus, humbly kneeling at Thy feet, we renew the consecration of our family to Thy Divine Heart. Be Thou our King forever! In Thee we have full and entire confidence. May Thy spirit penetrate our thoughts, our desires, our words and our deeds. Bless our undertakings, share in our joys, in our trials, and in our labors. Grant us to know Thee better, to love Thee more, to serve Thee without faltering.
Photo archive of the Press Office of Jasna